• Symptoms usually begin 3–7 days after being bitten by an infected mosquito.
• The most common symptoms are fever frequently accompanied by joint pain.
• Other common symptoms may include headache, muscle pain, joint swelling, or rash.
• Chikungunya disease does not often result in death, but the symptoms can be severe and disabling.
• Most patients feel better within a week. In some people, the joint pain may persist for months or even years.
• People at risk for more severe disease include newborns infected around the time of birth, older adults (≥65 years), and people with medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart disease.
• Once a person has been infected, he or she is likely to be protected from future infections.
This is a worst disease, we should be strong to fight against it and make proper control and immune measures so that these diseases can be eradicated completely. Prevention is always better then cure. So please stand up and support for the benefit of society and human being. You may visit our other posts to know more about Chikungunya disease and its treatment in allopathy and Homeopathy.
We are not doctors but we are spreading the useful informations for the benefit of society and person. Hope this post might even help people. we will be more that happy even if this post helped one person.